Not for idle hands, this beaver puppet is ready to get down to business. His resume includes sleek brown fur (for swimming), a workable mouth (complete with gnawing incisors), a flat textured tail (for thumping) and a full set of realistic paws. But this fellow does not pause - a beaver's work is never done!
|Length ||Width ||Height ||Weight
FACTS OF INTEREST:
- There are two species of beaver, the European and the North American.
- Beavers are the largest rodents in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Beavers are excellent swimmers. They have webbed hind feet, like ducks. They can hold their breath for 15 minutes.
- A beaver uses its flat, scaly tail like a rudder under water; it also slaps the water with it to warn of danger.
- Trapping beavers for their beautiful fur almost made them extinct. They have now been reintroduced in many areas as useful soil and water savers.